What Is GPS Activity Playback?
US Fleet Tracking's system features powerful GPS tracking system route playback capabilities. Going back up to 90 days, recorded fleet tracking information can be replayed and reviewed at any time. In addition to viewing asset location throughout the route, you can review speed, stops, and more for a detailed understanding of what's happening. With our integrated street view capabilities, you can also see roughly what the driver was seeing on the road.
The Benefits of Vehicle Route and Activity Playback
Having the ability to play back real-time GPS tracking information for any trip made in the last 90 days is beneficial for a number of reasons. First, it allows you to see firsthand what your drivers have been doing and dig deeper into the details of specific points along the route. Verify that the route was followed, traffic laws were obeyed, and the job was completed on time—not just by being told, but by seeing it with your own eyes. Because location data is gathered live, you get a high definition view during the playback of where your vehicles or assets were.
Situations That May Benefit From Playback Features
GPS tracking system features like activity playback can be especially useful in a variety of situations, such as the following:
- Legal proceedings resulting from an accident involving an asset
- Annual employee reviews (for solid evidence of driving habits)
- Accusations of unlawful termination (can provide proof of cause for termination)
- Reviews by loss prevention or local authorities
- Customer claims that delivery was not made (can visually confirm)
- Meetings/projects with the goal of improving efficiency